Email: Resignations from the Board and updated agenda for the Next Council meeting - 23rd of June

The email below was sent by the Chair of the European Pirate Party, 17/06/2024

Dear Pirate Parties,

Following the European Elections and their results, two additional points must be added to the next Council Meeting which will take place on the 23rd of June.

Effectively, the Pirate movement suffered major loses, leaving one MEP in our delegation in the European Parliament. Most of you had worked hardly in your respective national campaigns and you have every rights to feel disappointed with such a result. I would like to ask you stay strong and continue in your committed support for Pirates.

European Pirates will continue in this new setup and will adapt to this new situation. However, such a decline requires reflection on the side of leadership of the Association. Knowing that, I have decided to resign on my position of Chairperson. My resignation will take effect on the 23rd of June, at the 16th Council Meeting.

I am also informing you that Anja Hirschel decided to step down from her role of Vice-Chairperson of the European Pirate Party, taking effect on the 10th of June in her instance.

It was great honor for me to work together with you for the Pirate movement. And I am not leaving, I am happy to provide any further support that is needed. But it wouldn’t be possible to properly debate the future otherwise. Thank you all for being the best party ever!

Agenda and New Additions

The draft agenda for the Council meeting can be found here: https://discourse.european-pirateparty.eu/t/16th-council-meeting-agenda

Please be aware that the draft Agenda for the meeting has been updated to allow us to fill the vacancies created by the resignations. As such the agenda now include the following points:

• Election of a Chairperson
  • Election of two Vice-Chairpersons

Nominations for these positions are now open, and can be found here: https://discourse.european-pirateparty.eu/t/nominations-for-the-chairperson-and-vice-chairpersons-positions/.

Member parties can suggest additions to the agenda. These should include “Item for the agenda for the 16th Council meeting” in their title and can be posted in the 16th Council meeting category on Discourse: 16th Council Meeting - European Pirate Party. If you are unable to connect to Discourse, an email sent to board@european-pirateparty.eu will also work.

Delegates

In line with our statutes, every member party can send a certain number of official delegates to our Council meetings. These delegates have the rights to speak and vote on behalf of the member party. You can find a list of the number of delegates and votes for each member party here. Please make sure that your party registers their delegates on Discourse before the start of the meeting to ensure the meeting runs smoothly. This can be done here: https://discourse.european-pirateparty.eu/t/delegates-for-the-16th-council-meeting/

Further Information and reminders about the Council Meeting

It will be held online on Jitsi, with votes taking place on Discourse. The Council meeting will start at 11:00 CEST and, based on the current agenda, we might wrap up after a couple of hours. This Council meeting will be the first one after the European elections, and we will dedicate some time to evaluate our efforts and share our experiences.

Additional information regarding the Council meeting will be provided in the Council meeting category on Discourse: Please keep an eye out for updates there as we will post further information when available.

On behalf of the Board,

Mikuláš Peksa,
Chairperson