Candidacy: Sara Hjalmarsson

Name: Sara Hjalmarsson
Nominated for: Board member

Presentation:

Hi everyone,

Some of you already know me, but for those of you who don’t, I’m a digital nomad and polymath with a skillset that spans across performance art, security, IT and professional training. I have a degree in counterterrorism and am passionate about sustainable food production, travel and combating disinformation.

I first joined the Swedish pirate party in 2018, when Henrik Passmark convinced me to help the party develop and improve. During my time in the Swedish party, I have helped develop policy, strategy and processes. As its campaign coordinator, I have helped coordinate candidates, travel and manage administrative and logistical issues. I also developed its first member survey and internal learning platform.

Since April 2023, I have also become involved in the international movement, starting up a cross-border interest group for pirates in the security and defense fields. We have already published our first co-authored paper: https://aussenpolitik.piratenpartei.de/2023/12/07/the-link-between-long-term-low-intensity-stress-and-security-vulnerabilities/

As a member of the PPEU board, I hope to strengthen the collaboration between PPEU and the Nordic pirate parties. I will also work to realise the creation of compatible onboarding systems across PPEU’s member organisations. This can provide the learning foundation needed to support the continued growth of our movement in a stable and sustainable way.

I look forward to meeting you all in Luxembourg!

Sara “Beau” Hjalmarsson