Candidacy: Mikuláš Peksa

Name: Mikuláš Peksa
Nominated for: Chair
Nominated for: Vice Chair

Presentation:

Dear Pirates,

I would like to thank you for all the support I recieved so far and ask you for one more term in the office of Chairperson of PPEU. This election term of Board will be special, as it also coincides with the European parliament election. As much as PPEU in its operations strongly cooperates with the Pirates in the European Parliament, we can and shall expect new period for our cooperation to start. It is task of this Board that is going to be elected to help European Pirates enter this new period even stronger than we were in the past. And I would like to ask you for your support to lead PPEU to the election and to the transition process after election.

It seems to be also the time for overview of whole period between 2019 and 2024. PPEU progressed in many sense, we operate on new platforms - Mattermost and Discourse. We have stable media presentation. We have an agreement with Greens/EFA group, that gurantees us access political recognition as well as some resources for running the organization. Our administration runs stable with the help of volunteers both from the Parliament as well as from outside.

There are certainly things where we wanted and should be more ambitious - namely, we wanted to further improve our IT to be able to establish the 2nd chamber to provide better democratic participation to our grass-roots. We also wanted to formally register the organization to further develop our support to member parties using state funding. These ambitions shall stay and hopefuly materialize in the upcoming European parliament election term. And I would like to ask you for your support to be able to deliver on them.

So, let us sail forward together to the upcoming election!