Round of introductions of participants

Hi everyone,
My name is Zbynek Mucha. I became a member of the Czech Pirate Party in late 2022, but I have officially been affiliated with the party since 2021. I am a vice-chair of one of our local organisations (Zlín), and I engage in PPI and the Czech expert team Europe, Foreign Affairs and Defence. I would like to contribute to the migration section since I have been doing multi-sited research (Bangladesh, Czechia, Poland, and India) on South Asian migration to Europe as a doctoral student since 2018. I closely study EU migration policy, namely its fault-lines in addressing the roots of migrant exploitation, and will be happy contribute to the discussion.

2 Likes

Hi all,

My name is Danny Werner, born 1956.
A year after I decided to become politically active, I chose to join the Amsterdam Pirates in January 2017.
In several elections since I volunteered to be on the list of candidates and contributed to the program.
I am a pensionado after an ICT career in mainly financial information and payment systems.

Freedom. Keen on human rights in the digital age. Basic needs, including UBI, including affordable care and housing.

Pirates break monopolies.

I like short texts :slight_smile:

Let’s work together towards a good text.

3 Likes

Hi!

I am Marcel Kolaja and I am coordinator of the Net Policy in the CEEP 2024. I am Quaestor and Member of the European Parliament elected for the Czech Pirate Party. I am also 1st Vice-President of the Czech Pirate Party.

In the European Parliament, I work in the Internal Market and Consumer Protection and Culture and Education standing committees. I also work in the Committee of Inquiry to investigate the use of Pegasus and equivalent surveillance spyware and I also worked in the Artificial intelligence in the digital age committee, which was a temporary committee. In my work in the European Parliament I focus mainly on digital topics, media freedom, and transparency.

3 Likes

Hello,
My name is Theo Haglund and I’m active in the Swedish Pirate Party, in which I have the role of spokesperson on sexual policy. It sounds a bit weird translated to English, but basically refers to policies related to things like sexual and reproductive health and rights, gender equality, LGBTI rights, sex workers rights, and so on.

I’ve been involved in the development of several policy areas in the Swedish Pirate Party, and will thus likely be commenting on a wide variety of topics. That said, my area of expertise is sexual policy, in particular trans and intersex rights.

I’ve been told I’m skilled at writing, so if anyone wants any help looking over their texts I’d be happy to help with that as well. I’m fluent in both Swedish and English.

4 Likes

Hi,

My name is Samuel and I have been working for Pirates in the European Parliament since 2020.

I expect to contribute mostly to the chapter on Drug Policy.

Looking forward to the cooperation!

3 Likes

My name is Petr Kocourek from the Czech PP & currently a board member of the PPEU.

I have background mainly in economics. Currently, I work as an economist at the Bank of Canada (i.e., the Canadian central bank). Previously, I worked for example shortly for the European Banking Authority (as statistician) or the European Central Bank (in payments infrastructure, only as a trainee though).

In the Czech PP, I collaborate with the “finance” group and the “international affairs” group.

Looking forward to the collaboration!

3 Likes

Hi I´m Andreas Grätsch , 57 year old, the coordinator of the Drug and Addiction Policy working group of the German Pirate Party. I’ve been a member of the Pirate Party Germany since 2018. In a parliamentary group with Die Linke, I ´m a member on some committees of the Oder-Spree district council in Brandenburg.

1 Like

Hello everybody,
my name is Antonia, better known as The_MysticXD. I’ve been a member of the German Pirate Party since 2012. My main focus in politics is inclusion, because I am physically and mentally handicapped. I am the topic officer for inclusion in the German Pirate Party since 2021.

4 Likes

Hi, my name is Caroline Zorn (also known as Nixe).

I am a member and spokesperson of the French Pirate Party. I am also currently elected in Strasbourg, as vice-president of the eurometropole, and an IP/IT lawyer working on personal data issues, the freedom of the press.

Furthermore, I would be happy to work on health policies, bioethical rights and moreover the right of individuals to freely dispose of their own body.

Looking forward to working with you all !

4 Likes

Hi, my name is Mark Anthony van Treuren from the Netherlands and currently chair of PPNL.
I have been a member for a few years and have seen the movement grow from the beginning.
I am interested in the discussions about international diplomacy, defence and wealth distribution (UBI).

4 Likes

I’m a bit late to the party, but here goes:
My name is Manuela Langer, I’m with the Pirate Party of Germany (Piratenpartei) and a member of the AG Landwirtschaft. I’m pretty well networked with farmers on social media and have learned a lot about farming over the last 8 or so years, as well as the struggles farmers face, many of which are due to misrepresentation of facts. I want to bring facts and actual science back into the discussion.

4 Likes

Hello everyone, I’m Baptiste Teissier also known as Baptman.

I have been a member of PPFR since 2018, and I primarily work with a pirate team on health-related issues. I work as a nurse, and I am active in a few associations to improve access to healthcare in my region. I would be happy to work on healthcare policy issues.

Looking forward to working with all of you.

Dear coordinators, I am Mia and my task is, to look after the scheduling and finalizing of all the presented chapters. I would like to ask you, to finalize your resp. chapters and present them at the Board Meeting on May 22, 18.30 CEST, which will take place on: https://jitsi.pirati.cz/PPEU-Board. I would be prepared, to be contacted by you for any wished discussion on planning, progress etc. You can reach me here or on the Mattermost channel. Thank you and best-best, Mia

2 Likes

We have already worked on, take a Look: Our current program text (Social Affairs & Healthcare) - #23 by saleurs and here CryptPad B est Greetings Sandra Leurs Germany

1 Like

Dear all,
would like to introduce myself now too. Couldn’t enter for quite some time, because of the wrong mix of email-addresses and passwords. Solved that now.
I am Mia Utz from PP-DE. had been in the 6th Board, am now again in the 8th. Had been around here for a long time. Was one of those, participating in the founding process of the PPEU. To make it short, I am used to work with texts professionally. Tons of. Used to be a voice-over author and film translator until my eyes got too bad for sitting 10 hours daily upon texts. But my filmography contains 45 k titles. I also had to organize teams over night, when workloads were coming up. And I had to dismiss people, who did not have any idea, what registers in language are. Lots of correction reading involved. So, you might accept me as the person, who does the scheduling and finalization, which involves mainly the communication with everybody. And no, if it came up, I would not be your easy at hand translator of the hour. Def. not.
So looking forward to work with you all, quickly and efficiently, to receive a great and very clear CEEP soon! Bestbest, Mia

2 Likes

Hi Mab, this is how I get you here. I am just looking after the coordinators of the chapters, just like Veronika … and I am not finding obviously a certain Andrel Linnenbank, who is supposed to be the coordinator of the Social Affairs and Health Care Chapter. Even though, I contacted other persons regarding this chapter, I can’t really find out, who is wearing the hat. Could you help with this one? Thank you, Mab and best best, Mia

My name is Andrel Linnenbank.

I have an MSc in Physics and worked as a researcher in cardiology in the university hospital in Amsterdam for 25 years. In 1996 I got my PhD there. The field I was working in was Biomedical Engineering and I was member of the boards in the dutch, the european and world professional organizations in the field of BME. At the moment I am a teacher of physics, life science and computer science in a highschool in Amsterdam.

Main reason to join the Pirate Party was knowing too much about the electronic patient records.
I am active in the party and was #3 on the EU list at the last elections.

2 Likes

Hi all!

My name is Omar and I’m a member of Pirates de Catalunya since 2012 and currently, I hold the position of Secretary of the Party.

With a training as a technician and audiovisual producer, I have dedicated myself to music using open source software, and this has led me to be a fervent advocate of free culture.

Throughout my career, I have come to understand that hacktivism is an essential tool for the fight for human rights on the networks and for real social change. I firmly believe in the importance of protecting digital freedoms and guaranteeing online privacy and security for all citizens.

The Pirate movement represents the fundamental values that define me as a person. The defence of freedom of expression, transparency, citizen participation and direct democracy are principles to which I attach great importance and which I have dedicated myself to promoting in my work and my daily life.

Love and rum,
Omar Macías Molina

1 Like

Hello Mark, please get involved about our next meeting for the Asylum and Migration Chapter. We should be meeting with everybody who is focused on this Chapter. Let me hear, when you would have time for that. My weekend is already pretty much taken by now… so, suggest a date - but Marketa has to be invited too, she has written the original text - it is within her Chapter of International Relations. But of course it is also an important issue for internal politics. :slight_smile: best best and soon, Mia

Hi Mia,
Thank you.
Tomorrow would work for me anywhere between 16:00 and 22:00.
Monday after 18:00 until 21:00